[comp.sys.mac.misc] System 7: Heirarchy inside System File?

leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) (05/31/91)

Is it possible to have subfolders inside the System File in 7.0?
(I think not).  I've got more than 100 TrueType fonts and a number
of beepsounds, with more arriving all the time.  Managing this
collection of "files" (really resources) inside of a single "folder"
(really a file) is straining the capacity of the Desktop management
software, even with text views.  It would be REALLY nice to be able
to create the appearance of subfolders inside the system file, so
that you could organize your own classes of fonts, sounds, etc.

Just a thought.

-Bill Leue
leue@crd.ge.com

vanover@bcsaic.UUCP (Jann VanOver) (06/12/91)

In article <YEE.91May31123314@pmin27.osf.org> yee@osf.org (Michael K. Yee) writes:

>In article <20073@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> leue@galen.crd.ge.com (Bill Leue) writes:
>>   It would be REALLY nice to be able
>>   to create the appearance of subfolders inside the system file, so
>>   that you could organize your own classes of fonts, sounds, etc.
>
>	I second this sentiment.
>
>	=Mike

Gee, has anyone tried TidyItUp under System 7?  Doesn't this do
something like this?