[comp.sys.mac.misc] America Online

jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) (01/08/91)

JIM.DANIELS@f1009.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (JIM DANIELS) writes:

>If you are interested, I can arrange for a free
>startup disk and 1 free hours time to anyone who would like to try it.

Well aren't you just the most thoughtful person around!  And a free
hour of connect time for you for everyone who takes you up on your
offer...

jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan8.144543.24949@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> jkain@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeff Kain) writes:
>JIM.DANIELS@f1009.n124.z1.FIDONET.ORG (JIM DANIELS) writes:
>
>>If you are interested, I can arrange for a free
>>startup disk and 1 free hours time to anyone who would like to try it.
>
>Well aren't you just the most thoughtful person around!  And a free
>hour of connect time for you for everyone who takes you up on your
>offer...

 If this is the same offer they used to have it is not "free" in the true sense .
The victum must first give them a valid credit card number to get the "free"
access. Then the victim must figure out how to cancel the "free" service
before they start charging the card. This scam is used be most of the online
services.

pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Paul Jacoby) (01/11/91)

The other nice thing about America On-Line is that they NEVER remove you from
their mailing list. After taking a three month test drive as a beta user, I
declined to enroll when they 'went public.' This was a good while back, but I
still get the monthly "What's happening" lists, update notes, special offers,
etc.
  At least nothing shows up on my VISA....

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!pj            | RTFD = Read The Silly Doc! |
| INET: pj@pnet51.orb.mn.org                     |                            |

af513@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Jim Visnicky) (06/12/91)

Please reply to this message if you are on America Online.  I'd like to
have a list of people that read usenet, that are on America Online.

Please leave your Username, and if you want, where you are calling from!

Thanks!
Jim Visnicky

--
Jim Visnicky                      |<==My Name      My IRC Nick ==>|Jim
af513@cleveland.freenet.Edu       |<==My E-Mail Address  Q-Link==>|Sir Jim1

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (06/13/91)

In article <9106112229.AA10245@cwns1.INS.CWRU.Edu>, af513@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Jim Visnicky) writes:

> Please reply to this message if you are on America Online.  I'd like to
> have a list of people that read usenet, that are on America Online.
>
> Please leave your Username, and if you want, where you are calling from!

Before most people would respond this message they might want to have
some idea why you are compiling this list?

-- michael, just possibly a user of America Online, but who wants to know?

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE