[comp.sys.mac.misc] Analog to digital input cards

js43+@andrew.cmu.edu (James William Stepanek) (06/12/91)

I am interested in finding information about what cards are out there
for data aquisition for the Mac. I need a card (or set of cards ) which
will take  in analog input and convert it to digital for use on the Mac.
I also need to output the data back out in analog. The signal rate need
not be terribly quick (10 Hz is O.K.). I would appreciate any info on
this subject.
James Stepanek
esp

pretzel@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Daniel L Premetz) (06/13/91)

James William Stepanek writes:

>I am interested in finding information about what cards are out there
>for data aquisition for the Mac. I need a card (or set of cards ) which
>will take  in analog input and convert it to digital for use on the Mac.
>I also need to output the data back out in analog. The signal rate need
>not be terribly quick (10 Hz is O.K.). I would appreciate any info on
>this subject.
>James Stepanek
>esp

Well, as am I'm writing this I'm taking a break from several data acquisition
experiments our department is doing with a IIfx and the National Instruments
board NB-MIO-16X.  This board is top of the line and would probably be too
much for you.  It is a 16 channel device with 16 bit ADC resolution, four
programmable gains, and a maximum rate of 56 ksamples/sec.  National
Instruments does have less expensive boards, however.  I'm sure they'll send
you their catalog if you call them.  They're located in Austin and can be
reached at 512-794-0100.  They also have a toll-free number:  800-433-3488.

--

Daniel Premetz