[comp.sys.mac.misc] How to write to Apple

bc@apple.com (bill coderre) (06/13/91)

It is not without considerable trepidation that I post this message,
but I have been assured that it is AOK to do so.

Please bear in mind that this address is meant for resolving issues
that dealers cannot resolve: issues about 32 bit roms, or complaints
about dealers, stuff like that.

PLEASE do not burden these people with questions about System 7 (call
the answer line) or programming (contact Developer Tech Support) or
third-party software (unless the manufacturer is totally unwilling to
help).

That aside, if you would like to let Apple know where you stand on a
major issue -- ie. 32 bit-clean roms -- or if you have an appropriate
complaint (your dealer will not resolve a problem to your liking),
please write to this address:

		Apple Customer Assistance Center
		20525 Mariani Avenue
		Cupertino, CA 95014

Please be very specific and detailed about your problem. If you are
wanting 32-bit clean ROMs, for example, explain WHY you need them, and
how much you would pay to have them installed. If you hate your
dealer, please provide a specific list of the steps you have taken to
try to resolve the problem (talked to the manager, etc.)

These people cannot work magic, but will try to find a satisfactory
solution to your problems.

bill coderre
who was authorized by the ACAC to post this

ps. The current stand on ROMs is that they are "monitoring" the
situation, to see how many people want new ROMs, why they need them,
and how important they are to the users. Remember that a ROM upgrade
cannot be free, and might cause compatibility or configuration hassles
for people that manage networks of Macs. Your input will be noted and
listened to.

icapon@registry.adelaide.edu.au (Nick Capon) (06/13/91)

In article <53924@apple.Apple.COM> bc@apple.com (bill coderre) writes:
>  Remember that a ROM upgrade
> ....... might cause compatibility or configuration hassles
> for people that manage networks of Macs.

Comparable, say, to upgrading to System 7 in the absence of  Apple
peripheral drivers        :-)

Seriously, how can more memory capability be a significant hassle??

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (06/13/91)

In article <53924@apple.Apple.COM>, bc@apple.com (bill coderre) writes:
>ps. The current stand on ROMs is that they are "monitoring" the
>situation, to see how many people want new ROMs, why they need them,
>and how important they are to the users. Remember that a ROM upgrade
>cannot be free, and might cause compatibility or configuration hassles
>for people that manage networks of Macs. Your input will be noted and
>listened to.

Hey!  An improvement!  (I'm serious!)

Rather than Apple (the "official PR" Apple, not the guys here on
Usenet) simply stating, "Go buy an upgrade," we are actually hearing
that careful consideration of the ROM issue is being made.  Wonderful!

Write to the address, folks, if you want to see a ROM upgrade.  Be
rational, be professional.  But write.  Even if you were on the
NewROMs letter (lots of individual letters can make an impact).

---
Jim Gaynor - AgVAX System Manager - Academic Computing - Ohio State University
VMS:<gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu>  UNIX:<gaynor@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Disclaimer : All opinions expressed here are mine and only mine.  So there!
Witty Quote: "Shoot him now!  Shoot him now!" - Daffy Duck, "Rabbit Seasonings"