[comp.sys.mac.misc] Hebrew on the Macintosh, an update--And Nisus

jon@weber.ucsd.edu (Jon Matousek) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun11.223438.14939@mendelson.com> gsm@mendelson.com (Geoffrey S. Mendelson) writes:
>About a month ago I posted a request for information about Hebrew word
>processors for the Macintosh. The response was quite overwhelming.
>
>I would like to thank everyone who replied. I will be sending out personal
>"thank you"s soon.
>
>I am almost ready to post a summary, but I lack the following:
>

>     1. A U.S. address for a distributor of "Rav-K'tav", if there is one.
>
>     2. Information on the Hebrew Version of Nissus.

To find out more information on Nisus, Call Paragon Concepts, Inc., ask
to speak to Mark Hurvitz in tech support. He should be able to get you a
demo copy of Nisus to try out as well. FYI-The Hebrew version of Nisus
has only been out for 6 weeks. It retails in the US for $495, (Or $250
if you are upgrading from Nisus a previous verison of Nisus 3.)

-Some hilites specific to the Hebrew version of Nisus:
-Right to left, left to right paragraphs; easily flip orientation.
-Script sensitive GREP, I believe the only GREP of its kind anywhere.
-Choice of english or Hebrew menus, at bootup.
-Claris XTND file filter technology.
-Compatiblilty with the Japanese Kanjitalk system and input methods.

-And of course all of the features of the US version of Nisus, including
multiple undos, multiple clipboards, headers/footers/footnotes, and
integrated graphics...

Telephone Paragon at 1-800-922-2993.

Cheers,

-jOn

%%
SoftwareEngineer: jOn mAtOUsEk;      Internet:  jon@weber.ucsd.edu
%%                                   Bitnet:    jmatousek@ucsd
Paragon Concepts, Inc.               AppleLink: D0405
990 Highland Drive, #312
Solana Beach, Ca. 92075              Voice:     (619)481-1477
USA                                  FAX:       (619)481-6154