[comp.sys.mac.misc] HP DeskJet

phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) (06/16/91)

I would like to know what driver I should use when connecting a mac to a
HP DeskJet500 printer.

Do I use the serial driver designed for the deskwriter? What about that
driver designed for the deskjet - I saw it archived somewhere?

Macprint - what else!!!!!

Please let me know - I am sure somebody out there has tried using some or
all of them and found the best (or at least one that works well)!

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Philip

--
   __________
  /\  _______\ ================================================================

coxc0032@ucselx.sdsu.edu (David Tse) (06/17/91)

phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Phil Wild) writes:

>I would like to know what driver I should use when connecting a mac to a
>HP DeskJet500 printer.

>Do I use the serial driver designed for the deskwriter? What about that
>driver designed for the deskjet - I saw it archived somewhere?

>Macprint - what else!!!!!

>Please let me know - I am sure somebody out there has tried using some or
>all of them and found the best (or at least one that works well)!

>Any info would be much appreciated!

>Thanks

>Philip

>--
>  \ \ \____  / Philip Wild            / phil@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au
>   \ \ \/ / / Dept. Computer Science / psi%050529452300070::SWILDP
>    \ \/ / / Curtin University      / SWILDP%cc.curtin.edu.au@cunyvm.bitnet
>     \  / / Perth                  / uunet!munnari.oz!cc.curtin.edu.au!SWILDP
>      \/_/ Western Australia      / Tel: (09) 385 8717

I use the 'deskjet-driver' from sumix-aim.stanford.edu, it's PD and works.

connect to serial port.

David