[comp.sys.mac.misc] Help

dckim@mace.cc.purdue.edu (David Kim) (03/05/91)

	Hi, everybody....
	  I have a Mac SE/30 with 40 Mb internal and
	  8 Mb ( 80 ns) RAM..
	  And I was think of selling this. (remember just
	  thinking not selling yet)
	  But I have no idea how much I should ask for
	  this computer...
	  And I might add it is in very good condition.

					David Kim
					dckim@mace.cc.purdue.due

chwentrup@uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au (03/27/91)

I wonder if any of you Macintosh gurus out there can help me.  I have two
problems.

1)  From time to time some applications just quit on me and give the
   "The application (whatever) has unexpectedly quit (1)" or sometimes
    (3), message.  This has happened to Microsoft Word 4.0, Chemdraw 2.3.1
    and often happens to ResEdit 1.2b3.  First of all, what does the (1)
    and (3) mean and how can I stop it.  I have a MacII SI, with my system
    running at about 1700K but with 5M of ram memory shouldn't be a problem.
    I have the usual swath of INITs and CDEVs but have been told that this
    shouldn't be the problem.  I also have an FPU installed in my SI for
    what that's worth.

2)  The second problem is with Sargon IV. It gets about halfway through
    starting up (drawing the chess board) then hangs.  The screen, mouse,
    everything just locks up.  I thought not having an FPU could be the
    problem (do chess games use lots of calculations?) but even after I
    installed the FPU, the same thing happened.  Anyone else had this
    problem.  It's frustrating because Sargon IV works fine on and old
    Mac Plus.

Thanks in advance for any help, please reply by email.

Paul
paul.savage@carbon.chem.csiro.au
Melbourne, Australia
Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled
at winning do not become afraid.  Thus the wise win before they fight, while
the ignorant fight to win.
                                     -- Sun Tzu

dckim@mace.cc.purdue.edu (David Kim) (04/15/91)

	Hi everybody.....

	  Well, I am thinking about giving a speech on Mac
	  (kind of "why Mac is better compare to IBM or buy
	  Mac but IBM)....

	  But I kinda need little more infomation than Mac
	  Classic runs faster than IBM 386 running Windows..

	  If anybody who has any more idea or suggestion on
	  why you should buy Mac instead of IBM please send
	  me a mail with your reason........

				Thanks in advance...

**								 **
**  DAVID KIM (dckim@mace.cc.purdue.edu)			 **
**  General Consultant						 **
**  PCLRC / Purdue University					 **
**								 **

woody@nntp-server.caltech.edu (William Edward Woody) (04/16/91)

In article <7232@mace.cc.purdue.edu> dckim@mace.cc.purdue.edu (David Kim) writes:
>	  But I kinda need little more infomation than Mac
>	  Classic runs faster than IBM 386 running Windows..
>
>	  If anybody who has any more idea or suggestion on
>	  why you should buy Mac instead of IBM please send
>	  me a mail with your reason........

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
Oh, God, NO!  Not another Flame War!  No, Really!  Please?!?!?!?!?
Pretty please???

--
	William Edward Woody		   | Disclamer:
USNAIL	P.O.Box 50986; Pasadena, CA 91115  |

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (04/19/91)

In <1991Apr16.043348.19415@nntp-server.caltech.edu> woody@nntp-server.caltech.edu (William Edward Woody) writes:
> In <7232@mace.cc.purdue.edu> dckim@mace.cc.purdue.edu (David Kim) writes:
> > But I kinda need little more infomation than Mac
> > Classic runs faster than IBM 386 running Windows..

> NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
> Oh, God, NO!  Not another Flame War!  No, Really!  Please?!?!?!?!?

I wasn't aware that the last one was over yet....

-john-
John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969             john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                       ...uunet!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john

rgp@deth.westford.ccur.com (Dick Phillips) (06/17/91)

This is addressed either to persons living in the Los Angeles
area or to persons who know where one can get help in that
area.

This message is on behalf of my nephew who lives in LA and has
gotten himself in an awful bind with his MAC IIcx.  For a long
time he could not boot on *anything* - not even on the Norton
emergency disc.  I put this question out previously and two
persons felt convinced that it was a hardware problem.

OK, what I think the nephew should do is have his machine
gone over from stem-to-stern by suitable experts.  SIMMS, hard
drive, floppy drive, parameter RAM, the whole bit.  So I ask
the question: who in the Los Angeles area would be good for
this.