[comp.sys.mac.misc] WriteNow 2.2

bangrazi@ctron.com (Anthony Bangrazi) (06/17/91)

Tried to e-mail to ssegan@dorsai, but it bounced.

Definetly, without a question, WriteNow 2.2. You want speed: it's the fastest.
You want a large dictionary/thesaurus: 1.4 MILLION words! You don't have a TON
of diskspace to throw away: WriteNow has a tiny footprint (even able to run off
an 800k floppy!). Not very $rich$: WriteNow 2.2 is a bargin (around US$100)
from MacConnection et al.

I've been using WriteNow for years. It's fantastic. T/Maker's support is really
great, too. It's really easy to use and it is FAST! I highly recommend it!

Good luck.

- Anthony

schitre@freke.claremont.edu (06/21/91)

In article <1667@balrog.ctron.com>, bangrazi@ctron.com (Anthony Bangrazi) writes:
> Tried to e-mail to ssegan@dorsai, but it bounced.
>
> Definetly, without a question, WriteNow 2.2. You want speed: it's the fastest.
> You want a large dictionary/thesaurus: 1.4 MILLION words! You don't have a TON
> of diskspace to throw away: WriteNow has a tiny footprint (even able to run off
> an 800k floppy!). Not very $rich$: WriteNow 2.2 is a bargin (around US$100)
> from MacConnection et al.
>
> I've been using WriteNow for years. It's fantastic. T/Maker's support is really
> great, too. It's really easy to use and it is FAST! I highly recommend it!
>
> Good luck.
>
> - Anthony

	I have to agree. I was given a copy of Write Now 1.0 when I started college,
and since I hadn't gotten around to buying Word yet (no $) I started using it. It
was great. I ended up buying the upgrades to 2.0 and then 2.2. Just last night I had
to merge two files. One was 82 pages, the other 81. I copied the 81 page file (select
all is friendly) so fast I didn't have time to count it, and pasted it into the other
document just as quickly. I had another 84 page file that I wanted to do a global font
change in (it was the docs for another program). Took 41 seconds. Tried it on Word (the
original format, only 57 pages, hence the font change to something smaller) and it took
more than 5 minutes. Write Now 2.2 is a great program.

		Sunil