[comp.sys.mac.misc] Request help with changing default monitor...

pck0276@tamsun.TAMU.EDU (Philip Kaizer) (06/21/91)

Hi,

(I tried posting before, but I after eight (8) hours I haven't seen on my own
news server, so I'm assuming it didn't post...recieved some sort of error...)

I was wondering if anyone out has ever seen this problem and knows what to do
to fix it...(I know it's probably a basic question...)

What's being attempted is this: To change the default menubar location from
a small 12" Apple 8-bit color monitor to a 19" color supermac monitor.  This
was attempted by using the monitors cdev and dragging the menubar over to the
other monitor, and re-booting...

What happend is this: When rebooted, the machine hangs up in the middle of the
booting process...It appeared to be loading the Responder, so I booted from
floppy and dragged the Responder to another folder, and again, rebooted...
this time it made it all the way through the inits, but when it got to the
desktop, it drew the menubar, it drew the hard disk icon, and it blanked out
the mask of the trashcan, never drawing the trashcan...no folders were ever
displayed when rebooted with folders left open, and no AppleShare fileservers
were set to automatically come up...it just died with the cursor set the the
watch in the middle of drawing the trashcan...if it sits, it eventually brings
up the system error dialog box, but it just blinks rapidly without drawing any
text...

Computer:	Macintosh IIcx,
System:		6.0.5,
Inits/cdevs:	heaptool, quickmail, appleshare, accelerator, afterdark,
		disinfectant.  (does the same with/without any/all in/out
		of the System Folder...Yes, there are more, but my memory
		is a bit fuzzy...this computer is one of the user's at
		work, and I'm not sitting in front of it now...)
Monitor Cards:	Supermac 19" 75(?) hz
		forgot small monitor card (oops, actually never looked).

I would REALLY appreciate any help, I'm probably missing something obvious...

BTW, what in the world is that little happy mac that appears in the monitors
cdev when you hold down the option key???  (It crashes when this is moved to
the other monitor also...)

Thanks,
Philip Kizer
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.sys