[comp.sys.mac.misc] MaxAppleZoom seems to have expired on Friday.

RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu (06/24/91)

Argh! I recently put MaxAppleZoom on my IIcx, and I really liked
it. However, it ceased working on Friday, June 21, 1991. If the calendar
is past this date, it says it cannot work, and if it is before this
date, it works fine.
 I am frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem?

read fritsch
RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu

ralph@cm.cf.ac.uk (06/24/91)

In article <5714A54F1C9F0098FF@vms.cis.pitt.edu> RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu
writes:
>Argh! I recently put MaxAppleZoom on my IIcx, and I really liked
>it. However, it ceased working on Friday, June 21, 1991. If the calendar
>is past this date, it says it cannot work, and if it is before this
>date, it works fine.
> I am frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem?
>
>read fritsch
>RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu

Mine stopped working too. I managed to get it to work by moving my video card
to another nubus slot.
Ralph'

rwittick@convex.cl.msu.edu (Robert I. Wittick) (06/24/91)

RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu writes:

>Argh! I recently put MaxAppleZoom on my IIcx, and I really liked
>it. However, it ceased working on Friday, June 21, 1991. If the calendar
>is past this date, it says it cannot work, and if it is before this
>date, it works fine.
> I am frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Yes, MaxAppleZoom worked fine on my Mac II running System 7 until
this morning, and now it no longer works.

--
Robert I. Wittick                  Bitnet:      RWITTICK@MSU
315 Computer Center                Internet:    rwittick@convex.cl.msu.edu

doner@henri.ucsb.edu (John Doner) (06/25/91)

In article <1991Jun24.123525.12097@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> rwittick@convex.cl.msu.edu (Robert I. Wittick) writes:
>RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu writes:
>
>>Argh! I recently put MaxAppleZoom on my IIcx, and I really liked
>>it. However, it ceased working on Friday, June 21, 1991. If the calendar
>>is past this date, it says it cannot work, and if it is before this
>>date, it works fine.
>> I am frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem?
>
>Yes, MaxAppleZoom worked fine on my Mac II running System 7 until
>this morning, and now it no longer works.

Yes, it doesn't work for me either.  Referring to the documentation,
the author says that perhaps someday when a new system version comes
out MaxAppleZoom will need to be updated, and whether it gets updated
will depend upon how good people are about paying their shareware fees
($25).  I confess, I haven't paid mine (well, gee, I was *going* to
pay it, I *planned* on paying it, I just hadn't gotten around to it.
Honest.)  Just maybe the code includes a little more concrete
incentive than the documentation implies.  Anyway, I think I'll sit
down and write my check tonight; the product is well worth the money,
and he obviously spent a lot of time creating it.  He deserves to be
paid.  Send your fee to

Naoto Horii
B.P. 1415
1000 Bruxelles
BELGIUM

Meanwhile, I'll try one of the stopgap measures suggested in this
thread.

John E. Doner	doner@henri.ucsb.edu	(805)893-3941
Dept. Mathematics, UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106

carl@crow.sybase.com (Carl Resnikoff) (06/26/91)

In article <5714A54F1C9F0098FF@vms.cis.pitt.edu> RAFST3@vms.cis.pitt.edu writes:
>Argh! I recently put MaxAppleZoom on my IIcx, and I really liked
>it. However, it ceased working on Friday, June 21, 1991. If the calendar
>is past this date, it says it cannot work, and if it is before this
>date, it works fine.
> I am frustrated. Does anyone else have the same problem?

As many people have noticed, MAZ 1.2 has some kind of timebomb --
(thanks Matthew Russotto for figuring this out!).

I have been frustrated in my attempts to find 1.3.
I am a registered owner, but I am trying to avoid writing to the developer in
Belgium and making him send me a disk.
The only copy I could find was in the BMUG BBS, and it always
ends up as a document with no resource fork when I download.

If anyone has a working version of 1.3, could they please either:
post it to comp.binary.mac
or
binhex and send it to me.
	Thanks in advance

	Carl Resnikoff
	carl@sybase.com

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (06/26/91)

In various previous articles, people have indicated that MaxAppleZoom has
stopped working on their machines.

My question is, "What version are you using?"

I have version 1.3, and am running on a Mac II under System 7, and as of
today, 6/26, it is still working.  Perhaps you have an older version that
had some code in so as to expire so people would make sure to get the
latest version.
--
	Roger L. Long
	bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com