[comp.sys.mac.misc] Revision control software

tj@cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) (06/26/91)

Is there a reasonable package for doing revision control of Mac files?
I've looked at revisionist, but it only works on single files.  I
need a package that lets me check in any file from a multi-file
project.

	---Todd
--
Todd R. Johnson
tj@cis.ohio-state.edu

ph@ssd.kodak.com (Pete Hoch) (06/26/91)

tj@cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) writes:

>Is there a reasonable package for doing revision control of Mac files?
>I've looked at revisionist, but it only works on single files.  I
>need a package that lets me check in any file from a multi-file
>project.

>	---Todd

Try MPW Shell.  It has project control (Projector) built right in to it.
You can buy just the shell for $150 from APDA.  Projector can have any
number of files in a single project.  It can also have projects in
projects so you can have a master project that contains everything.

Pete

--
Pete Hoch                         | ..somewhere..!kodak!ssd!bashow!ph   ..or..
Color Systems ISPD. 3/65/RL       | ph@ekcolorlink.ssd.kodak.com        ..or..

peirce@outpost.UUCP (Michael Peirce) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.181216.8089@cis.ohio-state.edu>, tj@cis.ohio-state.edu (Todd R Johnson) writes:

> Is there a reasonable package for doing revision control of Mac files?
> I've looked at revisionist, but it only works on single files.  I
> need a package that lets me check in any file from a multi-file
> project.

Check out VersionMaster from AStar Technologies.  It provides a general
version control capability that can be used with any type of Macintosh
file or group of files.

They can be reached at:

AStar Technologies
P.O. Box 1100
Littleton, MA 01460
(508) 486-9757

tell them you heard about it on the Internet...

--  Michael Peirce         --   outpost!peirce@claris.com
--  Peirce Software        --   Suite 301, 719 Hibiscus Place
--  Macintosh Programming  --   San Jose, California 95117
--           & Consulting  --   (408) 244-6554, AppleLink: PEIRCE