[comp.sys.mac.misc] PrintAid 1.4 ==> ok for 6.0.5?

biesty@ide.com (Bill Biesty) (06/14/91)

In article <1639@balrog.ctron.com> bangrazi@ctron.com writes:
>I saw mention of a PD program called PrintAid 1.4, which was a System 7.0
>safe version of a print spooler for an ImageWriter. Could someone tell me
>how I can get a copy to try?

I just got it from comp.binaries.mac.  Does anyone know if
this version is compatible with 6.0.5?

Bill Biesty

Dan.Hughes@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Dan Hughes) (06/16/91)

It doesn't work with System 7, IWII and Mac IISI. I know, I've tried
it.

 * Origin: The Clone: Macintosh Things - 301-946-8677 (1:109/421.911)

rcs8@po.CWRU.Edu (Robert C. Sprecher) (06/16/91)

It also doesnn't work with  IIsi, Sys 7.0, and StyleWriter.
--
Robert C. Sprecher, M.D.	       (E-Mail)  rcs8@po.cwru.edu
Department of Otolaryngology	       (Voice)   216-844-3001

holzman@sequent.com (06/17/91)

In article <677044901.1@blkcat.FidoNet> Dan.Hughes@p911.f421.n109.z1.FidoNet.Org (Dan Hughes) writes:
>It doesn't work with System 7, IWII and Mac IISI. I know, I've tried
>it.

I'm using PrintAid 1.4 w/ Sys7 (from FTP.APPLE.COM) and an IWII with no problem
at all. It even works with Word4 ! This is an SE w/ 4 Meg. Not exactly a print
spooler, as you cannot get back to the currently printing app; however - you
can jump to any other running app or to the finder to launch another app. I
love it ...

--
Alan Holzman				Phone =	(503) 578-5184
Operating Systems Product Manager	FAX = (503) 578-7562

TOGE@SLACVM.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU (Nobukazu Toge) (06/28/91)

PrintAid 1.0 did not work well for me on my IIci, sys 7, StyleWriter
       (Very frequent timing? error, causing a "Paper has jammed" message).
PrintAid 1.4 works just fine on the same set-up IIci, sys 7, StyleWriter.

I don't know if works on 6.0.5, because I trashed it.

- Nobu Toge (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center)
  Neither Stanford Linear Accelerator Center nor Stanford University nor
  U.S.Department of Energy is responsible for this posting.
  My opinion is only mine, unless someone else shares it.