[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Software

a379@mindlink.UUCP (Gordon Mulcaster) (05/29/90)

> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes for a friend of a friend:
>
> Msg-ID: <9501@tank.uchicago.edu>
>
> *************
> I have this neighbor with an SE who has been looking in vain for some kind of
> Mac-based software that would let him design closets and wall systems. I know
> there are a number of excellent general-purpose draw-and-design programs like
> MacDraw available, but he is interested in something more focussed.  It has
> occurred to me that, if there is no package for such a specific purpose,
> someone might offer -- free or otherwise -- a set of templates and/or macros
> as an add-on to some standard drawing package.
> *************

A Draw program like Canvas will handle what he wants it for, you can set up
grids and rulers and scales etc. etc. etc. That or he can go for a full blown
CAD package, but he can expect a much steeper learning curve.

ttul
gm

P.S. Canvas will handle drawing macros/libraries.
--
   Send Mail to: a379@Mindlink.UUPC           Send Flames to: Dev/Nul
|  "It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on earth has ever  |

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (05/30/90)

I'm posting this for a friend (who's passed it on to me for a friend :->).
This is their request:

*************
I have this neighbor with an SE who has been looking in vain for some kind of
Mac-based software that would let him design closets and wall systems. I know
there are a number of excellent general-purpose draw-and-design programs like
MacDraw available, but he is interested in something more focussed.  It has
occurred to me that, if there is no package for such a specific purpose,
someone might offer -- free or otherwise -- a set of templates and/or macros
as an add-on to some standard drawing package.

If anyone knows of any info related to this, I'd be very grateful!  Thanks!

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =