[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Development

laver@siodo.UCSD.EDU (Mick Laver) (06/12/90)

I'm trying to find a development program that runs on the Mac. We have
a ~4000 member database that we track on an IBM AT clone for event
announcements, renewals, and general fundraising activities.  We're
rapidly running out of disk space, and slugging around a 7 MB database
on an 8 MHz machine isn't pretty.  Since the rest of our "shop" is
Mac-based I'm loathe to spend more money on a high-end MS-DOS machine.

Has anyone seen a Mac program to do this sort of thing? Thanks.

	Mick Laver
	mlaver@ucsd

gwangung@milton.acs.washington.edu (Roger Tang) (06/12/90)

In article <330@siodo.UCSD.EDU> laver@siodo.UCSD.EDU (Mick Laver) writes:
>I'm trying to find a development program that runs on the Mac. We have
>a ~4000 member database that we track on an IBM AT clone for event
>announcements, renewals, and general fundraising activities.  We're
>rapidly running out of disk space, and slugging around a 7 MB database
>on an 8 MHz machine isn't pretty.  Since the rest of our "shop" is
>Mac-based I'm loathe to spend more money on a high-end MS-DOS machine.
>
>Has anyone seen a Mac program to do this sort of thing? Thanks.

	Try looking at a CHRONICLE OF PHILANTHROPY for ads.

	Offhand, you might want to ask
	MacTrac
	124 University Avenue, Suite 310
	Palo Alto, CA	94301
	415-853-1100

	Or, you might think of using a Foxbase application or an Omnis 5
application.......Foxbase databases are quick for databases in general....