[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Becoming an Apple certified developer

mikec@wheaties.ai.mit.edu (Mike E. Ciholas) (06/12/90)

I want to become an Apple certified developer.  I need to know how to do this.

I believe I qualify for the following reasons:

1. I run a Mac hardware business (I sell kits for a sound digitizer).

2. I write programs for the Mac for pay.

3. I can afford it (I think...).

So, how much does it cost and where do I apply?

Mike Ciholas

email:  mikec@ai.mit.edu
snail:  289 Highland Ave, #108/Somerville, MA 02144
phone:  (617) 623-3563
air:    N1909C, 1954 Cessna 170B

andy@jli.UUCP (Andy Johnson-Laird) (06/13/90)

In article <8968@wheat-chex.ai.mit.edu> mikec@wheat-chex.ai.mit.edu (Mike E. Ciholas) writes:
>I want to become an Apple certified developer.  I need to know how to do this.

Call Apple at (408) 996-1010 and tell them you want to become an Apple Partner
(the new name for Certified Developers). Plan on a) sending them a business plan to show
you're serious b) $750 per year to show them you're rich and c) buying a CD-ROM
player to show them you're ready to read all of the CD-ROMs they'll send you
as a Partner.
Hope this helps.
Andy
{...tektronix!sequent!jli!andy}

andy@jli.UUCP (Andy Johnson-Laird) (06/13/90)

In article <8968@wheat-chex.ai.mit.edu> mikec@wheat-chex.ai.mit.edu (Mike E. Ciholas) writes:
>I want to become an Apple certified developer.  I need to know how to do this.

Plan on the the following:
1. Call Apple's main number: (408) 996-1010 and tell them you want to become an
   Apple *Partner* (new name for Certified Developer)
2. Sending them a copy of your business plan to show you're serious.
3. $750 a year to show you're rich.
4. Buying a CD-ROM player (they have a special price for Partners) to show you're
   ready to read all of CD's they'll send you.
Hope this helps.

Andy Johnson-Laird
{...!tektronix!sequent!jli!andy}
Tel: (503) 274-0784 / FAX: (503) 274-0784