[comp.sys.mac.wanted] PC UNBinHex/UNStuff??

glf@sppy00.UUCP (HILL GREGORY L.) (06/28/90)

Are there IBM PC programs (ftp'able) that will let me unBinHex an .hqx
file and then UnStuff the resulting .sit file on my PC?

Thanks,
    Greg

Greg Feldman-Hill  {seismo|cbosgd}!osu-cis!sppy00!glf  -OR-  gfh@rsch.oclc.org
OCLC - Online Computer Library Center ...  Dublin, Ohio
   "If one studies too zealously, one easily loses his pants."   A. Einstein

ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) (06/29/90)

In article <888@sppy00.UUCP> glf@sppy00.UUCP (HILL GREGORY L.) writes:
>Are there IBM PC programs (ftp'able) that will let me unBinHex an .hqx
>file and then UnStuff the resulting .sit file on my PC?

>Thanks,
>    Greg

Sure.  You need to get mcvert, macbinary, and one other
(I forget the name) from sumex, in the unix directory
of info-mac.

--
Ted Woodward (ted@cs.utexas.edu)

Greetings, Royal Ugly Dudes!

In article <143@syrian.cs.utexas.edu> ted@cs.utexas.edu (Ted Woodward) writes:
>In article <888@sppy00.UUCP> glf@sppy00.UUCP (HILL GREGORY L.) writes:
>>Are there IBM PC programs (ftp'able) that will let me unBinHex an .hqx
>>file and then UnStuff the resulting .sit file on my PC?

>>Thanks,
>>    Greg

>Sure.  You need to get mcvert, macbinary, and one other
>(I forget the name) from sumex, in the unix directory
>of info-mac.

Argh.  Of course, I rembered the name just after I hit 'send'.

It's unsit, naturally...mcvert makes a binhex file into
a macbinary stuffit file, unsit unstuffs it.  It also puts
the file into macterminal format (3 files for each one)
and macbinary puts them into 1 macbinary file.  Or maybe I
got this backwards, but the source files include dox.