[comp.sys.mac.wanted] PD/shareware program to draw Mandelbrot set

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (06/30/90)

I recently saw are really neat PD (shareware?) program, that came with
an APS hard disk, which did impressive renderings of the Mandelbrot
set. For example, you could change the color map, draw different
variations in different windows, hide the windows when in the
background and select pieces of the picture and copy to the
clipboard.

Does anyone know what this program is called, and where I can get it
(short of buying an APS disk)?

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (07/02/90)

In article <1990Jun29.222836.29087@Neon.Stanford.EDU>,
philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) writes:
> I recently saw are really neat PD (shareware?) program, that came with
> an APS hard disk, which did impressive renderings of the Mandelbrot
> set...
I had lots of replies - it seems the program is called Mandelzot; version
2.1 is the current one, and it can be had by ftp from sumex-aim in
directory /info-mac/app. It's free, and there's a faster commercial
version.

Thanks to
Jay Vollmer twosheds@ferris.cray.com
Ephraim Vishniac ephraim@think.com