[comp.sys.mac.wanted] 3.5" 800K drive

forbes@sp1.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) (07/03/90)

arie@caen.engin.umich.edu (Arie Covrigaru) writes:
>I need to replace my broken internal 800K drive.  I am looking for a used
>3.5" Apple internal 800K drive.  Please make me an offer.

I have also broken my internal 800K drive recently, and refuse to pay Apple's
exorbitant price ($270) for a replacement.  Once you add installation costs,
I could buy two Ehman external 800K floppys for the price of fixing one internal
floppy.

And that's pretty much what I'm going to do:  I'm buying a $150 Ehman external
drive, taking it out of the plastic shell (voiding the drive's warranty), and
installing it in my Mac.  If you can find a dealer willing to do this for you,
it may be your best option; I've tried my skill with a TORX screwdriver in the
past (paid $$$ for a new CRT, too), and am going to do the installation myself.

If it doesn't work, I'll put a piece of electrical tape over the interal drive,
buy another $150 external, and still be about $20 ahead.

Scott Forbes			| University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
forbes@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu	| Center for Supercomputing Research & Design
DISCLAIMER:  They wanted to hire someone who knew nothing about computers.