[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Network games

anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr (Franklin Anthes) (07/06/90)

Are there any multi-player games, which can be run on a Mac II, and
se30 connected to an appletalk network? If the game is PD, please
indicate a source from which it can be obtained (ftp, etc.).

--

	Frank Anthes-Harper :  Bien le bonjour de la France
	anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr

forbes@sp11.csrd.uiuc.edu (Michael Scott Forbes) (07/07/90)

anthes@geocub.greco-prog.fr (Franklin Anthes) writes:
>Are there any multi-player games, which can be run on a Mac II, and
>se30 connected to an appletalk network? If the game is PD, please
>indicate a source from which it can be obtained (ftp, etc.).

There are a number of multi-player Appletalk games, the best of which (IMHO)
is NetTrek--The Real Version.  A head-to-head battle between Klingon,
Romulan, and Terran ships, each with different capabilities, across several
solar systems.  The "object" is to establish a base in each star system, but
it's a lot more fun to just run around shooting at each other.

NT-TRV is available from Premier Technology, and is $34 by mail order from
MacConnection.  (I have no affiliation with either of these places)

Scott Forbes                    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
forbes@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu     Center for Supercomputing Research & Development