[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Is there a Deskjet Plus driver around?

jmurphy@helix.nih.gov (Joe Murphy) (07/12/90)

What you need is JetLink Express, bY GDT Softworks, suggested
retail price is $149 with cable. Most mail order houses (MacConnection)
carry it.

Works very well and includes drivers for most HP printers.

--
Joe Murphy
National Institutes of Health

omd@pawl.rpi.edu (Eric P. Scholz) (07/13/90)

In article <1990Jul11.144126.22627@cbnewsj.att.com> mec@cbnewsj.att.com (michael.e.connick) writes:
>The PD driver works with the DeskJet Plus. If you're interested in a
>more capable commercial driver for the DeskJet Plus, I'd strongly
>recommend MacPrint. You can buy it from MacConnection or MacWarehouse
>and it even comes with a cable.

I am strongly considering purchasing Freedom of the Press or Adobe Type Manager
to use with the Deskjet Plus.  What is meant by a "more capable" driver like
MacPrint or Jetlink Express?

Wouldn't I just need a plain old driver so the Mac can recognize the printer
and then just let ATM or Freedom of the Press handle the rest?

Thanks.