[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Tanks a lot

leipold@eplrx7.uucp (Walt Leipold) (07/27/90)

For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to ftp to tank.uchicago.edu
(128.135.4.27) to download a file, but tank hasn't been on the net.  Does
anybody know if this is a temporary or a permanent condition?  If it's
permanent, is there an alternate site from which I can ftp the same file
(the PD King James version of the Bible)?

Thanks!

--
"As long as you've lit one candle,                         Walt Leipold
you're allowed to curse the darkness."       (leipolw%esvax@dupont.com)

xdab@ellis.uchicago.edu (David Baird) (08/01/90)

In article <1990Jul27.161408.3907@eplrx7.uucp> leipold@eplrx7.uucp (Walt Leipold) writes:
>For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to ftp to tank.uchicago.edu
>(128.135.4.27) to download a file, but tank hasn't been on the net.  Does
>anybody know if this is a temporary or a permanent condition?  If it's
>permanent, is there an alternate site from which I can ftp the same file
>(the PD King James version of the Bible)?
>
>Thanks!

tank.uchicago.edu was removed from service on 07/01/90. Its replacement
is midway.uchicago.edu. I just spent a couple of minutes looking around
the anonymous ftp region and did not find the "bible" file that
tank had. I have no idea where one can get the file now.

--
X-----------------------------------------------------------------------------X
X	David Baird				xdab@midway.uchicago.edu      X

hemstree@handel.CS.Colostate.Edu (charles he hemstreet) (08/03/90)

In article <1990Jul27.161408.3907@eplrx7.uucp> leipold@eplrx7.uucp (Walt Leipold) writes:

   For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to ftp to tank.uchicago.edu
   (128.135.4.27) to download a file, but tank hasn't been on the net.  Does
   anybody know if this is a temporary or a permanent condition?  If it's
   permanent, is there an alternate site from which I can ftp the same file
   (the PD King James version of the Bible)?

   Thanks!

I don't know how to write to the uucp mailer, so if anyone out there
knows where the KJV PD is, can you tell me too?

Great thanks!

Charles

--
!===========================================================================!
! Charles H. Hemstreet IV       !internet: hemstree@handel.cs.Colostate.Edu !

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/03/90)

------
In article <HEMSTREE.90Aug2142022@handel.handel.CS.Colostate.Edu>, hemstree@handel.CS.Colostate.Edu (charles he hemstreet) writes...

>In article <1990Jul27.161408.3907@eplrx7.uucp> leipold@eplrx7.uucp (Walt Leipold) writes:
>
>   For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to ftp to tank.uchicago.edu
>   (128.135.4.27) to download a file, but tank hasn't been on the net.  Does
>   anybody know if this is a temporary or a permanent condition?  If it's
>   permanent, is there an alternate site from which I can ftp the same file
>   (the PD King James version of the Bible)?

tank is gone, having been replaced by midway.uchicago.edu (128.135.12.73).  I'm
not sure what their ftp policies are.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =