[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Home automation software

cbselle@intvax.UUCP (Colin Selleck) (08/14/90)

Does anyone know of any home automation software for the Mac? This will
run on a 1MB Plus and I want to control lights, sprinklers, etc.

Thanx.
--
Colin Selleck    cbselle@cs.sandia.gov

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (08/15/90)

cbselle@intvax.UUCP (Colin Selleck) writes:

>Does anyone know of any home automation software for the Mac? This will
>run on a 1MB Plus and I want to control lights, sprinklers, etc.

The X-10 Computer Interface is available for the Mac, and runs on everything
(from looking at the code) from a Plus up.  A benefit is that the Plus doesn't
even have to be on all the time -- the controller has its own internal clock!

| Glenn L. Austin               | "Turn too soon, run out of room,          |
| Auto Racing Enthusiast and    |   Turn too late, much better fate"        |
| Communications Toolbox Hacker |   - Jim Russell Racing School Instructors |
| Apple Computer, Inc.          | "Drive slower, race faster" - D. Waltrip  |
| AppleLink:  AUSTIN.GLENN      | All opinions stated above are mine --     |
| Bellnet:    (408) 974-0876    |                who else would want them?  |