[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Simple Sound Application

dvb@inmet.inmet.com (08/11/90)

I think I remember seeing an applicaton that played a sound and quit.

I was hoping to find this and paste my own SNDs in.  Does anyone
know where I could look at Sumex for this?  Or wants to email it
to me?

Thanks--
David V. Baker
Intermetrics, Inc.
dvb@inmet.inmet.com

andym@crash.cts.com (Andy Micone) (08/19/90)

We have an old Mac 128K that has been upgraded to a Plus, unfortunately the
connectors in the back are still the old ones, so no SCSI port for an
external hard drive.

Does anybody out there have one of the old Apple HD20's that fits into the
External drive port, or know of an equivalent product that can add a hard
drive to an old mac.

We'll buy used if you got something we can use.

-- Andy
andym@crash.cts.com
nosc.mil!trout!inrisd!andym

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (08/20/90)

In article <3998@crash.cts.com>, andym@crash.cts.com (Andy Micone) writes:

> We have an old Mac 128K that has been upgraded to a Plus, unfortunately the
> connectors in the back are still the old ones, so no SCSI port for an
> external hard drive.
>
> Does anybody out there have one of the old Apple HD20's that fits into the
> External drive port, or know of an equivalent product that can add a hard
> drive to an old mac.
>
> We'll buy used if you got something we can use.

Sun Remarketing sells refurbished Lisas, Macs and add-ons, including the
original HD-20. I don't have their current price list with me, but do remember
that at the price they're charging you do better to get a Dove SCSI kit
(it clips into the ROM sockets, so make sure your upgrade hasn't covered
them) and a new 20M SCSI drive. Available from most mail-order places -
phone around for a good price.

Dove specializes in making kits really easy to install.

I haven't done this upgrade for a few years - maybe someone can add to this.

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu