[comp.sys.mac.wanted] IIcx doom and gloom

sjbury@barred.rice.edu (scott j bury) (08/24/90)

In article <2749@network.ucsd.edu>, barry@network.ucsd.edu (Barry Brown)
writes:

|> The MacWeek article also said that the IIci's price will be dropped
|> near that of the IIcx.  I guess Apple figures this will make the
IIcx
|> obsolete.

Good point and maybe Apple will do the right thing and  let cx owners
upgrade to a ci for that small differential in price.

scott j bury

rice acknowledges my existence at tuition time, but never my opinions

starta@tosh.UUCP (John Starta) (08/25/90)

sjbury@barred.rice.edu (scott j bury) writes:

> Good point and maybe Apple will do the right thing and  let cx owners
> upgrade to a ci for that small differential in price.

If I am not mistaken, Apple has already made that upgrade available to
cx owners.

John

dr_unix@grenada.UUCP (Brian Wilson) (08/27/90)

Obviously, SE's and IIcx's are now useless pieces of junk,
not even worth recycling for their used parts. As a service to
the Usenet community, my employer is willing to accept them as
tax-deductible donations.

Brian Wilson
Sonoma State University
Rohnert Park, CA

--

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (08/29/90)

In article <863@grenada.UUCP>, dr_unix@grenada.UUCP (Brian Wilson) writes:
> Obviously, SE's and IIcx's are now useless pieces of junk,
> not even worth recycling for their used parts. As a service to
> the Usenet community, my employer is willing to accept them as
> tax-deductible donations.

But seriously - I know of some organizations in South Africa which could
use good not totally obsolete Macs. Donations, low-priced offers considered.
(Rush before new products announcements on 15 October totally wipe out the
value of your machines...)

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

tn505981@longs.LANCE.ColoState.EDU (Todd Nathan) (08/29/90)

Just want to clear the air of alll this bullcrap.  The IIcx is not going
to be obsolete.  The price is not going to plummet.  The machine has a
huge instalation base and will continue to be supportyed by apple for
manny years to come.  Upgrade paths are available and make the machine
an even more viable purchase.  HI have been involved with Apple for 9
years (coming up this christmas) and have seen this paranoia before.
All is well, and things are going as planned.  The prices have been cut
already, and there is a location in the Apple price sturcture that will
accomidate the three new machines.  No more cutting is in site.

Now is you believe a word of this, you need to obviously buy an IBM...

Toddly Type of Guy...