[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Dead external Hard Drive box wanted

marcus@cbnewsc.att.com (stephen.m.marcus) (08/30/90)

Time to dispose of your doorstop!
Dead external Mac hard drive wanted - I already have
a 3.5" h.h. drive to put in it.

Would prefer a box with SCSI connectors, working
power supply and cables.

Send details and your asking price to:

Stephen Marcus
att!iexist!marcus
marcus@iexist.att.com

philip@pescadero.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.180509.21624@cbnewsc.att.com>,
marcus@cbnewsc.att.com (stephen.m.marcus) writes:
> Time to dispose of your doorstop!
> Dead external Mac hard drive wanted - I already have
> a 3.5" h.h. drive to put in it.
>
> Would prefer a box with SCSI connectors, working
> power supply and cables.

Just for general information... I recently investigated availability of such
boxes, and the best price I could find for a _complete_ unit was $109 + $14
shipping from Hard Drives International, 1-800-733-DISK. One other place
I looked at was Fry's Electronics in Palo Alto, which had one for $90, but
it lacked some cables and brackets. If you are prepared to shop around for
the various parts, you can probably push the price down to closer to $50.

(Thanks to the various people who followed up my question; I was finding this
out for a friend, so I don't know how good the HDI case turned out to be.)

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu

roskar@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Veljko Roskar) (08/31/90)

In article <1990Aug29.180509.21624@cbnewsc.att.com> marcus@cbnewsc.att.com (stephen.m.marcus) writes:

>Would prefer a box with SCSI connectors, working
>power supply and cables.

I suggest you contact TULIN-they make great small boxes for $67.

1 (408) 432-9025
--
Veljko Roskar                            | roskar@jhuvms.bitnet
Department of Chemical Engineering       | roskar@jhuvms.hcf.jhu.edu