[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Mac Plus HD port question

a379@mindlink.UUCP (Gordon Mulcaster) (09/04/90)

> zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <2269@idunno.Princeton.EDU>
>
> Org.  : Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
> Person: Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman
>
> My question is this:  Do *all* SCSI macs have the SCSI icon next to the
> port?  I have a Mac Plus with the HD icon (box with a blip in it) next
> to the port.  Am I correct in assuming that this is a serial-only Mac
> Plus?
>
> Next:  If this is the case, does anyone out there have an old HD that
> will run with this machine for sale?

All Mac Pluses have a SCSI port. You may be confusing the external floppy port
for the SCSI port, or you may not have a Plus. Does it say Macintosh Plus on
the front of the machine? On the back? You may have an upgraded 512Ke (i.e. 1
or 2 Megs). What color is it?

--
EMail to:                 | Al Bundy, Al Bundy,
    a379@mindlink.uupc    | Brave, courageous, and bold.
                          | Long live his fame,
Flames to:                | Long live his glory,
    dev/nul               | And long may his story be told.

zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) (09/05/90)

My question is this:  Do *all* SCSI macs have the SCSI icon next to the
port?  I have a Mac Plus with the HD icon (box with a blip in it) next
to the port.  Am I correct in assuming that this is a serial-only Mac
Plus?

Next:  If this is the case, does anyone out there have an old HD that
will run with this machine for sale?

Thanks!
-JBZimmerman!

___________           |-Here comes your father.