[comp.sys.mac.wanted] RPN Calculator DA

lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) (09/05/90)

Double Click's CCS II provides a number of good HP RPN calculator emulations,
including the 41-CX and 12-C.  It also lets you edit and create your own
calculators & make them into DAs (CCS stands for Calculator Construction Set).
Commercial & available through most mail-order places.  In my opinion, a very
nice program.

Lawrence Miller

wiseman@tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (09/06/90)

In article <1990Sep4.202331.12779@midway.uchicago.edu> lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) writes:
>Double Click's CCS II provides a number of good HP RPN calculator emulations,
>including the 41-CX and 12-C.  It also lets you edit and create your own
>calculators & make them into DAs (CCS stands for Calculator Construction Set).
>Commercial & available through most mail-order places.  In my opinion, a very
>nice program.

Can you set'em up so that you can use the keys on your keyboard for all data
entry and functions?

Also, can you set'em up so that a single keystroke can disable the
function/data entry and allow the window to remain up (for viewing) but not
mess up the power-keys use (eg. command, option, etc.) for another active
application?

Can these calculators be set up as straight applications? DAs? Both?

And one last one...do they by any chance provide you with an HP 16C emulator?

Anybody know the answers here?

Thanks in advance!

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM

lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) (09/06/90)

tellab5.tellabs.com writes:
>Can you set'em up so that you can use the keys on your keyboard for all data
>entry and functions?

Yes.  You can wire the keys up pretty much any way you please.

>Also, can you set'em up so that a single keystroke can disable the
>function/data entry and allow the window to remain up (for viewing) but not
>mess up the power-keys use (eg. command, option, etc.) for another active
>application?

I don't _think_ that you can "write through" the calculator like
this, and I think that this would be pretty near impossible under
Multifinder.  It would be a nice feature though, esp. for a 9' screen.

>Can these calculators be set up as straight applications? DAs? Both?

Both.

>And one last one...do they by any chance provide you with an HP 16C >emulator?

I'm not sure on this one (I doubt it, but the disks & manual are
at home...).  However, you could certainly emulate one if you
don't mind constructing the calculator yourself (fun!).
I will check tonight.

What I'm waiting for is an emulation of the HP 28S :^)

Lawrence Miller

Disclaimer: I don't work for Double-Click, or anything like that.
I'm just a satisfied customer.

wiseman@tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) (09/08/90)

In article <1990Sep5.211357.7116@midway.uchicago.edu> lrm3@ellis.uchicago.edu (Lawrence Reed Miller) writes:
>I don't _think_ that you can "write through" the calculator like
>this, and I think that this would be pretty near impossible under
>Multifinder.  It would be a nice feature though, esp. for a 9' screen.

Wow! that's SOME SCREEN! :-)

(did you know that on their most recent literature, ORACLE specs the maximum
diagram size for thier case tool, CASE*Designer 1.1, as being 9X9 MILES!)

Of course, none of this has to do with RPN calculators but that tool sounds
REAL interesting!

--
Jeff Wiseman:	....uunet!tellab5!wiseman OR wiseman@TELLABS.COM