[comp.sys.mac.wanted] "Marker" tool needed for MPW C/C++

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/28/90)

-----
I'm looking for an MPW Tool which can be used to automagically mark the various
procedures in a MPW C and/or C++ source file so that the names of the
procedures appear under the "Mark" menu.

I think something like this was included on Phil 'n' Dave's Excellent CD, but I
don't have it (bogus dude! :->).

I looked in apple.com and sumex, but didn't find anything.  Any info much
appreciated.

Robert

= gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu * generic disclaimer: * "It's more fun to =
=            		         * all my opinions are *  compute"         =
=                                * mine                *  -Kraftwerk       =

nicky@cup.portal.com (nick john pilch) (08/29/90)

>I'm looking for an MPW Tool which can be used to automagically mark the various
>procedures in a MPW C and/or C++ source file so that the names of the
>procedures appear under the "Mark" menu.

MPW 3.2 includes the tool CMarker which will do these things.

Nick Pilch
nicky@cup.portal.com
AppleLink: NICK.PILCH

peter@hari.VIEWlogic.com (Peter Colby) (08/29/90)

|> MPW 3.2 includes the tool CMarker which will do these things.

        Is MPW 3.2 (final) available from APDA yet?

        Curious minds want to know

      (O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)     (O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)
      (O) !the doctor is out! (O)     (0) peter@viewlogic.com (0)
      (O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)     (O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)(O)

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.121608.14559@viewlogic.com> peter@hari.VIEWlogic.com (Peter Colby) writes:

>|> MPW 3.2 includes the tool CMarker which will do these things.
>
>        Is MPW 3.2 (final) available from APDA yet?

MPW 3.2 (final) is not yet available. There is a beta version on the first
release of ETO (a new CD containing every development tool Apple's ever
come out with -- including a lot of what's on the Developer CD, the old
MPW CD's and the MacApp 2.0 CD). ETO stands for Essential Tools and Objects,
and is offered as a quaterly update program. Contact APDA for details.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (08/30/90)

In article <44383@apple.Apple.COM> keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) writes:

>>        Is MPW 3.2 (final) available from APDA yet?
>
>MPW 3.2 (final) is not yet available. There is a beta version on the first
>release of ETO (a new CD containing every development tool Apple's ever
>come out with -- including a lot of what's on the Developer CD, the old
>MPW CD's and the MacApp 2.0 CD). ETO stands for Essential Tools and Objects,
>and is offered as a quaterly update program. Contact APDA for details.
>

>--
>Keith Rollin  ---  Apple Computer, Inc.  ---  Developer Technical Support
>INTERNET: keith@apple.com
>    UUCP: {decwrl, hoptoad, nsc, sun, amdahl}!apple!keith
>"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions

Dear Keith -
  I hate to contradict the esteemed Mr. Rollins, but in this case I must do
it!
  The version of MPW that is related to MPW 3.2 that is on E.T.O. - Essentials*
Tools*Objects #1, is called MPW PQR1 (For MPW Prototype Quarterly Release 1).
It is a pre-beta release of MPW 3.2 that we want to get into the hands of
folks.

--

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET

chaffee@reed.UUCP (Alex Chaffee) (09/10/90)

In article <1990Aug27.223245.13434@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>-----
>I'm looking for an MPW Tool which can be used to automagically mark the various
>procedures in a MPW C and/or C++ source file so that the names of the
>procedures appear under the "Mark" menu.

If you have access to Compuserve, they have a tool called automark which
does this.  It's in the MACDEV forum library.  There are also some other
neat tools there - search for keywords "MPW" and "TOOL".

 - Alex

--
Alex Chaffee
chaffee@reed.{UUCP,BITNET}

brandonl@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Brandon Lovested) (09/12/90)

In article <1990Aug27.223245.13434@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>I'm looking for an MPW Tool which can be used to automagically mark the various
>procedures in a MPW C and/or C++ source file so that the names of the
>procedures appear under the "Mark" menu.

Wait, I'm confused.  What version of MPW do you have?
My MPW does have such a mechansim.

BRANDON G. LOVESTED        ::::=:::==::===:====   FOR EVERY VISION,
Software Design Engineer   ::::=:::==::===:====   THERE IS AN
Grass Valley Group         ::::=:::==::===:====   EQUAL AND OPPOSITE
brandonl@gold.gvg.tek.com  ::::=:::==::===:====   REVISION.

gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (09/12/90)

--------
In article <1444@gold.GVG.TEK.COM>, brandonl@gold.GVG.TEK.COM (Brandon Lovested) writes...

>In article <1990Aug27.223245.13434@midway.uchicago.edu> gft_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>
>>I'm looking for an MPW Tool which can be used to automagically mark the various
>>procedures in a MPW C and/or C++ source file so that the names of the
>>procedures appear under the "Mark" menu.
>
>Wait, I'm confused.  What version of MPW do you have?
>My MPW does have such a mechansim.

I have version 3.0 (actually 3.1b1 or whatever came with the C++ stuff).  3.0
had a "Mark" command, but I didn't see a script to automatically mark all the
procs.  Maybe it was there, but I didn't see it.  Anyway, I was able to obtain
one in the end.