[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Looking for a RAM disk software

mmira@gouldfr.UUCP (Michel Mirabella) (09/17/90)

Does anybody kown where or how can I get a MAC software that creates RAM
disk?

Thanks for any help.

--
							Michel Mirabella
						 E-mail: mmira@encore.fr

d90-mwd@sm.luth.se (Michael Westlund) (09/17/90)

mmira@gouldfr.UUCP (Michel Mirabella) writes:

>Does anybody kown where or how can I get a MAC software that creates RAM
>disk?

>Thanks for any help.

>--
>							Michel Mirabella
>						 E-mail: mmira@encore.fr

There is a RAM-disk program for the Mac that is shareware. You define it as
startup and it then creates a RAM-disk. If you want to, you can have the
program to copy some files on it, even the system files. Then, the only mounted
volume on the desktop will be the RAM-disk with all needed system files on it.
I promise you - it speeds everything up VERY much.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to reach my programs until two weeks from now,
they're in Stockholm and I'm in Lulea.

Unless someone else in this group have heard of the same program and is able to
post it, you can E-mail me in two weeks from now and I'll see what I can do.

	/ Mike

**              ** Michael Westlund     *                          ****  **  *
* |\/\/|  |\/\/| * University of Luleaa * d90-mwd@sigma.sm.luth.se ***  **  *
* |____|  |____| * SWEDEN               * d90-mwd@tau.sm.luth.se   **  **  *