[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Kanji System 6.0.5

e85ss@rigel.efd.lth.se (Stefan Strand) (09/14/90)

Hi!

When I upgraded my Mac II to a Mac IIfx my Kanji System (version 6.0.4)
broke, and now I'm looking for Kanji version 6.0.5.

Unfortunately, it's not on Developer CD #4.

Has anybody got it, or know when Apple is going to release it?

Many Thanks, Stefan Strand

===Stefan Strand,  Lund Institute of Technology,  Sweden==============
Mail:  Stefan Strand                 Internet:  e85ss@rigel.efd.lth.se
       Magistratsvagen 55 Y:405      or         e85ss@efd.lth.se
       S-222 44 LUND                 Telephone: +46-46132375
       Sweden                        or         +46-46146522

ogawa@sm.sony.co.jp (Masato Ogawa) (09/17/90)

In article <0093CB48.5FBA5FC0@rigel.efd.lth.se> e85ss@rigel.efd.lth.se (Stefan Strand) writes:
 > When I upgraded my Mac II to a Mac IIfx my Kanji System (version 6.0.4)
 > broke, and now I'm looking for Kanji version 6.0.5.
 >
 > Unfortunately, it's not on Developer CD #4.

Now it is released in Japan. But Apple Japan only sells it directly to
the users who have bought fx in Japan....;-<.
I think KanjiTalk 6.0.5 will be on CD-ROM and APDA in the next release
of them.
  Sorry not to be informative.

  But, I have read some report (experiment) on Japanese BBS that:

	*Use system 6.0.5 (USA version)
	*install "KanjiTalk" init/cdev of KanjiTalk 6.0.4 into that
	 system folder
	*use finder of KanjiTalk 6.0.4, if you want "kanji" desktop.
	 (no I don't:-)

  The reporter feels good with this "KanjiTalk 6.0.5E?" on IIfx. I
didn't try it because I have no IIfx.

kiss@flab.fujitsu.co.jp (Mitsuhiro Kishimoto) (09/18/90)

Hi Stefan

> When I upgraded my Mac II to a Mac IIfx my Kanji System (version 6.0.4)
> broke, and now I'm looking for Kanji version 6.0.5.

You can use patched KanjiTalk on you MacIIfx.

The following is the procedure to patch your KanjiTalk 6.0.4.

1. Install you KanjiTalk6.0.4 in you harddisk and make it blessed
	folder.
2. Boot you IIfx from System6.0.5(E) floppy.
3. Install 'System Software for any Macintosh' of System6.0.5(E) to
	your KanjiTalk6.0.4.
4. Change itlc resource of the KanjiTalk's system file by ResEdit.
	ScriptCode = 1, FontForce = off

This is the 6.0.5nized KanjiTalk and makes IIfx talk Japanese :-)

I usually use official KanjiTalk 6.0.5 on my IIfx. But, IIfx can boot
up from this patched version and run with no problem on quick looks

--
Kiss