[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Recent SIMM prices ????

atschnei@vlsi.waterloo.edu (Todd Schneider) (09/24/90)

What are the current prices for 1Meg 80ns SIMM's ?
I'll probably purchase from Technology Works, MacTel
or Peripheral Outlet ... however, none of the 800
numbers work from Canada. Any comments about
good (or bad) experiences with any of these vendors
would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd.

toma@bit.UUCP (Tom Arneberg) (09/25/90)

In article <1990Sep23.211007.14056@vlsi.waterloo.edu> atschnei@vlsi.waterloo.edu (Todd Schneider) writes:

>What are the current prices for 1Meg 80ns SIMM's ?
>I'll probably purchase from Technology Works, MacTel
>or Peripheral Outlet ... however, none of the 800
>numbers work from Canada. Any comments about
>good (or bad) experiences with any of these vendors
>would also be appreciated.

I just ordered four 1 Meg 80ns SIMMs for the unbelievable price of $44!
The total cost for the 4 Megabytes was $183, including shipping & handling.

I ordered from "The Chip Merchant" ad that I saw in the back of MacWeek
(1-800-426-6375). They do NOT accept credit cards--strictly COD. Sounded
kind of fishy, but a co-worker has used them several times and has been
satisfied. I'm saving about $100 from MacConnection prices.

I should be getting them today or tomorrow; I'll post to the net if
they are deficient in any way.

+----------o----+-------------------------+----------------------------------+
|        o   o  | Thomas R. Arneberg      |   #include <std_disclaimer.h>    |
|         \O/   | Senior CAD Engineer     +----------------------------------+
| jugglers |    | Bipolar Integrated Tech.| bit!toma@cse.ogi.edu             |
|  unite! / \   | Beaverton, Oregon       | ...!{ogicse,sun,decwrl}!bit!toma |
+---------------+-------------------------+----------------------------------+

bgahl@scuba.Ebay.Sun.COM (Robert Gahl Sun Federal SE) (09/26/90)

In article <1990Sep23.211007.14056@vlsi.waterloo.edu>,
atschnei@vlsi.waterloo.edu (Todd Schneider) writes:

|> What are the current prices for 1Meg 80ns SIMM's ?
|> I'll probably purchase from Technology Works, MacTel
|> or Peripheral Outlet ... however, none of the 800
|> numbers work from Canada. Any comments about
|> good (or bad) experiences with any of these vendors
|> would also be appreciated.

Here in Sunny California, a local distributor (Fry's) is selling them
over-the-counter for $49.95.

Bob Gahl                      | ARPA/INTERNET:   bgahl@EBay.Sun.COM
SE - Sun Microsystems Federal | UUCP: ...[about anywhere]!sun!bgahl
"Ninety percent of this game is mental. The other half is physical"
                                                Yogi Berra

genemans@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jan K. Genemans) (09/26/90)

In article <3304@male.EBay.Sun.COM> bgahl@scuba.Ebay.Sun.COM (Robert Gahl  Sun Federal  SE) writes:

>Here in Sunny California, a local distributor (Fry's) is selling them
>over-the-counter for $49.95.

The list price from Chip Merchant for simms for all Mac's is $39 per meg
for all Mac's Including the IIfx and the NTX.  4 Meg SIMM's are $220 each
for all Mac's except the Plus & SE.

Their number is 800-426-6375.

This info was taken from their add on page 98 of the 09.25.90 issue of
MacWeek.  I wonder how low they are going to go since they have dropped in
price roughly $10 over the past month.

--
Jan Genemans | USENET:  genemans@mac.dartmouth.edu
U.S.M.M.A.   | UUCP: ...!dartvax!mac.dartmouth.edu!genemans