[comp.sys.mac.wanted] anti-glare film

nadi@radon.berkeley.edu (Fariborz Nadi) (09/25/90)

I know there is a film that you can stick on the terminal to reduce the
glare. My question is where can I get it? better yet if it is polarizing
as well.
thanks, Nadi

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (09/25/90)

In article <28133@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> nadi@radon.berkeley.edu (Fariborz Nadi) writes:
>I know there is a film that you can stick on the terminal to reduce the
>glare. My question is where can I get it? better yet if it is polarizing
>as well.
>thanks, Nadi

Avoid sticking *anything* to your screen - instead, get one of the
framed anti-glare screens designed to be mounted with little "buttons"
of Velcro that attach to the case of your Mac or monitor. The good
quality anti-glare screens are quite expensive - as much as $150 for
some of them, depending on what you want. Most large computer store
should keep them and I would recommend buying in person to make sure
you get what you need. It is best if you can get a salesman to bring
samples to you to try out in your normal work environment, as the
performance of the different types is quite different, and the most
expensive may not necessarily, in my experience, be the best for your
particular circumstances.

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.

demarsee@gamera.acs.syr.EDU (Darryl E. Marsee) (09/27/90)

>Avoid sticking *anything* to your screen - instead, get one of the
>framed anti-glare screens designed to be mounted with little "buttons"
>of Velcro that attach to the case of your Mac or monitor. The good
>quality anti-glare screens are quite expensive - as much as $150 for
>some of them, depending on what you want. Most large computer store
>should keep them and I would recommend buying in person to make sure
>you get what you need. It is best if you can get a salesman to bring
>samples to you to try out in your normal work environment, as the
>performance of the different types is quite different, and the most
>expensive may not necessarily, in my experience, be the best for your
>particular circumstances.

 All true.  I have a Norad dB60, which claims to be an anti-glare, anti-
 static, anti-radiation velcro-attached screen mesh for Apple's Color
 Monitor.  I can vouch for its success on all claims; it works as
 advertised, and was the best for me.  Your mileage may vary.