[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: 512KE to Plus upgrade kit

joes@idunno.princeton.edu (Joe Studholme) (10/11/90)

Hi.

 I have a 512KE Mac that I would like toupgrade to a MAc Plus, with either 1 meg
or 2 meg of memory and a SCSI port. I'm willing to pay around $100.

 Now, I know that there exist kits (like MacSnap) which can do this. Places like
MacWarehouse sell them for a mere $499, which is ludicrous. So, if someone out
there can point me to a cheapo upgrade for an old, reliable 512KE, please mail
me at joes@pucc.princeton.edu

 Thanks.

  Joe Studholme

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (10/12/90)

In article <3284@idunno.Princeton.EDU> joes@idunno.princeton.edu (Joe Studholme) writes:
> I have a 512KE Mac that I would like toupgrade to a MAc Plus, with either 1 meg
>or 2 meg of memory and a SCSI port. I'm willing to pay around $100.

Sorry, but the cheapest kit I have seen is the NewLife board, which
costs $350 Canadian, plus memory. It uses the 512k on-board memory of
your Mac, plus additional memory in 256k or 1M SIMMs. You can install
up to eight 256k SIMMs for a total of 2.5M. This is probably the
cheapest memory (I got my used 256k SIMMs for free from people who had
been upgrading Plus and SE memory). I don't beleive that you will get
what you want for $100. By the way, this board also gives a 20% speed
increase. It is available from  Newbridge Micrysystems. Call
1-800-267-7231.

>  Joe Studholme

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.