[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Bar Code Readers

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (10/10/90)

Hello, let's talk bar code readers.  How do they work?  What do those
little stripes mean?  What brands are good?  What software do they work
with or do they emulate the keyboard so scanning something is the same
as typing it?

Thanks.

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

kaveh@ms.uky.edu (Kaveh Baharestan) (10/14/90)

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>Hello, let's talk bar code readers.  How do they work?  What do those
>little stripes mean?  What brands are good?  What software do they work
>with or do they emulate the keyboard so scanning something is the same
>as typing it?

>Thanks.

I would also like to know if they can be used with omnis5. And what kinds
of documents they produce.

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (10/17/90)

People have asked me for summaries of what I got about bar codes.

Pretty much it is, "Look in the back of magazines."

Also the readers, usually, hook right into the ADB network.

robs@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

    "I wasn't talking to YOU!" -- Worf