[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Graphs into data application

sstrand@milton.u.washington.edu (Stuart Strand) (10/18/90)

About 2-3 years ago I heard of a commercial application
that could produce a data file from a scanned image of
a graph or plot.  Does anyone remember the name and
supplier of this program?

Stuart Strand - - - - - - - - internet: sstrand@milton.u.washington.edu
Coll. of Forest Resources,AR-10 - - - - - uunet:  beaver!milton!sstrand
Univ. of Washington - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Seattle WA, 98195 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (206)543-5350

schwer@unix.SRI.COM (Len Schwer) (10/18/90)

In article <9418@milton.u.washington.edu> sstrand@milton.u.washington.edu (Stuart Strand) writes:
>About 2-3 years ago I heard of a commercial application
>that could produce a data file from a scanned image of
>a graph or plot.  Does anyone remember the name and
>supplier of this program?

	The product you want is FlexiGraphs ($149 ComputerWare)
		Tree Star, Inc.
		1802 Hillside Road
		Santa Barbara, CA 93101-9921

	The current product is aimed at business graphics and
	the excellent on screen digitization (graph->data file)
	was a quick hack added at the last minute by the developer.
	A new version will soon be released that enhances the
	digitization and improves the graphics to make them
	more suitable for scientific work.

	A great product. Buy it now and get the upgrade when
	it becomes available.  --Len Schwer  schwer@unix.sri.com