[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Translating from Mac PICT/PICT2 to CGM

dsr@luke.mitre.org (Douglas S. Rand) (10/18/90)

We've been doing some translations from PICT format (v.1) to Computer Graphics
Metafile.  It seems to me that there must be a commercial product which does
this or that Apple (or Claris) would have an interest in doing this in a
commercial product on the Mac.  I'd like to hear about anything which
does do this.  Please mail responses directly,  I don't normally read
this group.

Douglas S. Rand
Internet:   <dsrand@mitre.org>
Snail:	    MITRE, Burlington Road, Bedford, MA
Disclaimer: MITRE might agree with me - then again...
Amateur Radio: KC1KJ

ianh@bhpmrl.oz.au (Ian Hoyle) (10/19/90)

dsr@luke.mitre.org (Douglas S. Rand) writes:

>We've been doing some translations from PICT format (v.1) to Computer Graphics
>Metafile.  It seems to me that there must be a commercial product which does
>this or that Apple (or Claris) would have an interest in doing this in a
>commercial product on the Mac.

A colleague of mine (Ulo Pukk) has written a utility for just the thing you
are after.  It is called Mac CGM, and can convert (bi-directionally) to PICT
and PICT2 format. Price ~US$150

The company's address is

        Pixelix
        PO Box 58
        Carnegie  VIC  3163
        AUSTRALIA

Ulo is also contactable during business hours on:

	Phone:  +61 3 609 3473
	FAX:    +61 3 609 2828

He has a demo version available for trial purposes. Since he doen't have
access to email I am willing to pass any enquiries through the net onto him.

ian

--
                Ian Hoyle
     /\/\       Image Processing & Data Analysis Group