[comp.sys.mac.wanted] A great GIF viewer

tmattox@ecn.purdue.edu (Timothy I Mattox) (10/25/90)

I have used the various GIF viewers (Giffer 1.06, Vision Lab...)
They all pale in comparison to QuickGIF Plus.
It is faster than its name implies, it is VERY fast.
Sorry for not mentioning more of its features, but I am being rushed at the
moment of posting this.

I think I remember the price as $35.

From the about dialog:
   QuickGIF Plus
   by Frankie Sierra
   AmariliSoft
   CompuServe (id 76356.2254)
   Internet: 76356.2254@compuserve.com

Disclaimer:  I am only a happy user of the software with no connections
with the company/author.

A shareware version (QuickGIF) is available at sumex I believe.
--
		- Tim Mattox - (email: tmattox@ecn.purdue.edu)
		               (talk: tmattox@en.ecn.purdue.edu)

252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct25.031211.3793@ecn.purdue.edu> tmattox@ecn.purdue.edu (Timothy I Mattox) writes:
>I have used the various GIF viewers (Giffer 1.06, Vision Lab...)
>They all pale in comparison to QuickGIF Plus.
>It is faster than its name implies, it is VERY fast.
>Sorry for not mentioning more of its features, but I am being rushed at the
>moment of posting this.

Have you tried GifConverter 2.1.1?  It seems to be loaded with features,
and most importantly for me, it works on wuss b/w macs (like mine)!

   ***
  ***   mike gleason <252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu>
 ***   "It's Hammer time... NOT!" -- Anthrax
***  .signature randomizer 1.0 * write for free c source

klaus@diku.dk (Klaus Ole Kristiansen) (10/26/90)

252u3129@fergvax.unl.edu (Mike Gleason) writes:

>In article <1990Oct25.031211.3793@ecn.purdue.edu> tmattox@ecn.purdue.edu (Timothy I Mattox) writes:
>>I have used the various GIF viewers (Giffer 1.06, Vision Lab...)
>>They all pale in comparison to QuickGIF Plus.
>>It is faster than its name implies, it is VERY fast.
>>Sorry for not mentioning more of its features, but I am being rushed at the
>>moment of posting this.

>Have you tried GifConverter 2.1.1?  It seems to be loaded with features,
>and most importantly for me, it works on wuss b/w macs (like mine)!

The difference between these four are:
Quickgiff shows a little sign:
              "Sorry, this program needs color quickdraw"
               or something like that.
Giffer just beeps and exits (I might have switched those two
	      around, the difference does not matter much to me)
GifConverter writes "reading GIF (or PICT or whatever) file",
              then "Analyzing image" and then bombs with
              error 29
Visionlab actually works

Klaus Kristiansen

Oh yes, visionlab is free, Gifconverter costs $45

jeffe@eniac.seas.upenn.edu (George Jefferson ) (10/26/90)

>GifConverter writes "reading GIF (or PICT or whatever) file",
>              then "Analyzing image" and then bombs with
>              error 29

GIFConverter works fine on an SE and a +.  It doesnt always like
to print to a my Deskwriter though.

--
please let me know if you see multiple copies of my postings
  (one copy of my opinion is one too many right :-)

-george   @sol1.lrsm.upenn.edu