[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Looking for tutorial/instructions for Macsbug...?

zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) (10/30/90)

Can anyone tell me if there is a tutorial or instruction set for Macsbug
available somewhere on the net?  Or if not, where I might find one?  I
am a neophyte Mac programmer who is just getting his head together, and
doesn't know how to use Macsbug.  Thanks!

-JBZimmerman!
___________           |-Here comes your father.
  ===                 |  <zimerman@PUCC>                  BITnet

cspencer@spdcc.COM (Cliff Spencer) (10/30/90)

In article <3661@idunno.Princeton.EDU> zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a tutorial or instruction set for Macsbug
>available somewhere on the net?  Or if not, where I might find one?  I
Scott Knaster's book 'How to debug Macintosh Programs' addresses (ouch)
Macsbug to some extent and TMON to a greater degree. I recommend it highly.
								-cliff
--
Cliff Spencer 		cspencer@spdcc.com

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (10/30/90)

In article <3661@idunno.Princeton.EDU> zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there is a tutorial or instruction set for Macsbug
>available somewhere on the net?  Or if not, where I might find one?  I
>am a neophyte Mac programmer who is just getting his head together, and
>doesn't know how to use Macsbug.  Thanks!

What you should do is get ABZMon, which is an excellent shareware(?)
monitor comparable to Macsbug, but it uses a standard Mac interface
(menus, windows, point-and-click, etc.) instead of the cryptic
command line thingy that Macsbug uses.  If you want, I can post it
in comp.binaries.mac.

>-JBZimmerman!
>___________           |-Here comes your father.
>     ||               |                       -Henry V
>||   ||acob Zimmerman!+> <zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> INTERNET
>  ===                 |  <zimerman@PUCC>                  BITnet

Donald Burr, c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu  | "I have a seperate mail-address
University of California, Berkeley        | for flames and other such nega-
Majoring in Computer Science              | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."

mingo@well.sf.ca.us (Charles Hawkins Mingo) (10/31/90)

In article <4692@spdcc.SPDCC.COM> cspencer@ursa-major.spdcc.com (Cliff Spencer) writes:
>In article <3661@idunno.Princeton.EDU> zimerman@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Jacob Ben-david Zimmerman) writes:
>>Can anyone tell me if there is a tutorial or instruction set for Macsbug
>>available somewhere on the net?  Or if not, where I might find one?  I
>Scott Knaster's book 'How to debug Macintosh Programs' addresses (ouch)

	Perhaps you mean "How to Write Macintosh Software"?  Appendix D
is "A Guided Tour of Macsbug."
Charlie Mingo					Internet: mingo@well.sf.ca.us
2209 Washington Circle #2				  mingo@cup.portal.com
Washington, DC  20037	    CI$: 71340,2152	AT&T:  202/785-2089