[comp.sys.mac.wanted] MPW Linker file format

esink@turia.dit.upm.es (Eric Wayne Sink) (11/05/90)

Well, this is comp.sys.mac.WANTED, so here I go.

I need the MPW Linker file format.  Yes, I know right where to find it, it
is in the MPW manual, somewhere around chapter 12 or so.  The file consists
of a string of records, like Pad, Reference, Module, etc...  Each type of
record has a special format.  Were I not several thousand miles away from
my bookshelf, I would look it up myself.

Disclaimer 1: I do not want this information in any illegal way.  I am not
requesting a photocopy of the manual.

What I am asking is for someone to describe the format to me by email.

Disclaimer 2: I know this is a non-trivial donation of time to a stranger.
It is an audacious request, and I will not be disappointed or surprised at
a small rate of response.  Perhaps someone would be willing to send me one
record per day !  Perhaps, several people would be willing to send me one
record each ! :-)

In any case, you get the idea...  Please email responses, do not post.

BTW, I propose a new newsnet acronym : PERAIWSTTN (Please email responses
and I will summarize to the net) :-) :-) :-)

-Eric
Eric W. Sink                       "Are you sure this would  |All opinions
Departamento de Telematica          not be time for a        |are mine and
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid   colorful metaphor ?"     |not necessarily
esink@turia.dit.upm.es              - Spock                  |yours.

vd09+@andrew.cmu.edu (Vincent M. Del Vecchio) (11/06/90)

On 05-Nov-90 in MPW Linker file format
user Eric Wayne Sink@turia.di writes:
>BTW, I propose a new newsnet acronym : PERAIWSTTN (Please email responses
>and I will summarize to the net) :-) :-) :-)

I propose a slightly simpler, and closer to pronounceable acronym:
PERIWS  (Please email responses--I will summarize).  We can pronounce it
"pereewuss" or something like that.  Also, please add PERAIDNRTB.
(Guesses?)

(...as I don't normally read this board.)

-Vince