[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Searching for LaunchINIT.

gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) (11/13/90)

	Once upon a time an INIT called LaunchINIT came down the
comp.binaries.mac pipeline.  It kept track of when applications were
launched, and how long they ran, storing the data in a text file.

	It was rather configurable - you could ask it to ignore
certain programs, only save certain kinds of data, make new log files
daily/weekly/monthly, etc.  I used it in one of our lab for the 30 day
evaluation period, using the data to produce usage graphs and the like.

	Now, months later, I'm asked by the superiors to whom I gave
the stuff for the author of the INIT - they want to register and use
it in the labs.  But my copy, with it's author info, no longer is on
my disks!  Woe!  Neither was it to be found in the sumex-aim archives.

	Thus, does anyone know of an anonymous ftp location for this
elusive INIT, or perhaps a way to get in contact with the author, so
that I may satisfy those in higher (and larger) offices?

	Thanks...

--
 Jim Gaynor - Systems Analyst 1        + "This is Serious.  He is Lost.
 The Ohio State University ACS-FM-OCES |  We must begin the Search at once."

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov13.155500.4104@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu> gaynor@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Jim Gaynor) writes:

>	Once upon a time an INIT called LaunchINIT came down the
>comp.binaries.mac pipeline.  It kept track of when applications were
>launched, and how long they ran, storing the data in a text file.

>	Thus, does anyone know of an anonymous ftp location for this
>elusive INIT, or perhaps a way to get in contact with the author, so
>that I may satisfy those in higher (and larger) offices?

It's  at nic.funet.fi (128.214.6.100)  available for anon  ftp or mail
server. It is init/launchinit20.sit

--
== Harri Valkama, University of Vaasa, Finland ================================
  P.O. Box 700, 65101 VAASA, Finland  (tel:+358 61 248426 fax:+358 61 248465)