[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: Mac File Exchange translation table for Appleworks

josh@osf.org (Joshua Goldman) (11/15/90)

I'm looking for a translation table for the Mac File Exchange utility to
go from an Appleworks text processor file to Mac MS Word (or I guess
MacWrite).  Is this available over the net or for purchase?  I've heard
about Mac Link+ which contains this translation table and lots of others
that I won't need, but I haven't gotten a price on it yet.

My version of Appleworks is old (1.0).  Will this cause a problem?  Will
I need to upgrade to 2.0 to be able to go from the Mac back to the Apple?

Any information would be appreciated.  Please post it if mail doesn't
get through.  (Hey, is there a guide for the perplexed to sending mail
over Internet?)

Thanks

Joshua Goldman josh@osf.org (617)-621-8857
Open Software Foundation
11 Cambridge Center
Cambridge, MA 02142

BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ben Liblit) (11/15/90)

In article <16137@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, josh@osf.org (Joshua Goldman) says:

>I'm looking for a translation table for the Mac File Exchange utility to
>go from an Appleworks text processor file to Mac MS Word (or I guess
>MacWrite).

I believe that an AppleWorks <-> MacWrite II translator is bundled with
MacWrite II.  It should be one of a couple of dozen in the Claris Translators
folder.

                            Ben Liblit
                            BRL102 @ psuvm.bitnet -- BRL102 @ psuvm.psu.edu
                            "Fais que tes reves soient plus longs que la nuit."

c60c-4gj@web-2e.berkeley.edu (Calvin Cheng) (11/15/90)

In article <90318.164810BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu> BRL102@psuvm.psu.edu (Ben Liblit) writes:
>In article <16137@paperboy.OSF.ORG>, josh@osf.org (Joshua Goldman) says:
>>
>>I'm looking for a translation table for the Mac File Exchange utility to
>>go from an Appleworks text processor file to Mac MS Word (or I guess
>>MacWrite).
>
>I believe that an AppleWorks <-> MacWrite II translator is bundled with
>MacWrite II.  It should be one of a couple of dozen in the Claris Translators
>folder.

There's a freeware or shareware Appleworks to MS-Works translator which
comes on the MS-Works disks.  The latest version which I saw on America
On-Line translates for APpleWorks 3.0 too.  I guess it's available for
downloading from many sources.

traherne@murdu.oz (Richard Jordan) (11/16/90)

In article <1990Nov15.153551.28958@agate.berkeley.edu> c60c-4gj@web-2e.berkeley.edu (Calvin Cheng) writes:
>There's a freeware or shareware Appleworks to MS-Works translator which
>comes on the MS-Works disks.  The latest version which I saw on America
>On-Line translates for APpleWorks 3.0 too.  I guess it's available for
>downloading from many sources.

Would someone please post this new version (for AW3.0) to
comp.binaries.apple2, or else suggest a source I can reach on the
net? (Or perhaps a kind sould could send it to me by e-mail). Thanks.

Richard Jordan
traherne@murdu.oz.au.edu