[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Amiga IFF to Mac Tiff or Pict??

cs161fdx@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Tod Kuykendall) (12/07/90)

    I have a friend who has an amiga 2500 temporarily and he wants to
convert some IFF files into a mac format such as Tiff or Pict files.  Any
programs either names or -better yet- code for these conversions.  Any and
all thoughts welcomed....
	Thanx in advance,
		-tk
====
cs161fdx%sdcc10@ucsd.edu  (until the 12th)
tkuykendall@ucsd.edu (thereafter)

===

boffardi@acsu.buffalo.edu (marc g boffardi) (12/08/90)

In article <14776@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> cs161fdx@sdcc10.ucsd.edu (Tod Kuykendall) writes:
>    I have a friend who has an amiga 2500 temporarily and he wants to
>convert some IFF files into a mac format such as Tiff or Pict files.  Any
>programs either names or -better yet- code for these conversions.  Any and

	On our Un*x machines here at Buffalo, there is a program called "FIC"
for Fuzzy Image Converter. One of the choices is converting pictures to
different formats (Amiga, Mac, CompuServe GIF, Postscript...). You might
want to try to see if you can get either a source code for it or let your
system administrator know that you would like it loaded up. Most sysadmins
will comply...

Marc
BOFFARDI@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
V081MA4M@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU
Beware the Dungeon Police: Violators will be toad!

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (12/08/90)

Mac to DOS from Central Coast Software will let you convert from IFF to
PICT, but there is a size limit, I think.

The Art Department Pro from ASDG is supposed to let you convert from
IFF to TIFF and in reverse, but I don't know if it's included or available
as one of the optional 'modules'.  Perry's on the net.  He should be able
to answer this.  Perry?
                                                    Julie Petersen