[comp.sys.mac.wanted] How to put INIT/cdev in other than system folder

hoshino@tkysun.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (HOSHINO Takashi) (12/11/90)

Hello.
What I want to do is to put INIT/cdev in other than system folder.
Is there any software which enables to do so?

Thanks in advance.

HOSHINO Takashi, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Tokyo, JAPAN

news@massey.ac.nz (USENET News System) (12/12/90)

In article <HOSHINO.90Dec11091852@tkysun.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> hoshino@tkysun.phys.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp (HOSHINO Takashi) writes:
>What I want to do is to put INIT/cdev in other than system folder.
>Is there any software which enables to do so?

There is an init/cdev called InitShare which from memory is available fron sumex (36.44.0.6) in the directory: /info-mac/cdev/  that allows you to put your inits and/or cdevs anywhere you want. You can even have a folder on a file server that has your inits , if you choose to do this you will also want to get the init/cdev called forcemount which forces an appleshare volume to be mounted before further init execution ant bootup.

Cheers
Al
Allan Burton           Phone +64 63 69099 x8564, Fax +64 63 505607
Macintosh Consultant,  TimeZone GMT +12,  Internet A.K.Burton@massey.ac.nz
Computer Centre, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand