[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Classic memory boards

gmoff@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Moffat) (12/11/90)

Can anyone please advise me of suppliers of Mac Classic memory boards?
Phone numbers preferably (but not 0800- ones)
Thanks.
--
    Graeme Moffat,                        Phone : +64 9 737 999  x8384
    Computer Aided Design Centre,         Fax   : +64 9 366 0702

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.003839.21337@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> gmoff@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Moffat) writes:
>Can anyone please advise me of suppliers of Mac Classic memory boards?
>Phone numbers preferably (but not 0800- ones)
You could try
	Newbridge Microsystems
	603 March Road
	Kanata, ON
	Canada  K2K 2M5

	Tel. (613) 592 0714
	Fax. (613) 592 1320

	Contact: Kim Stanley

Their products are generally very good, and their prices seem
competitive. I believe they will send their products anywhere in the
world.

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.

brisbin@peyote.cactus.org (Shelly Brisbin) (12/12/90)

For Mac Classic boards, try Third Wave Computing, Austin, Texas. Their number is (512) 832-8282.

Shelly Brisbin
Brisbin@Peyote.cactus.org

c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.EDU (Donald Burr) (12/12/90)

In article <5698@testeng1.misemi> stanfiel@testeng1.UUCP () writes:
>In article <1990Dec11.003839.21337@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> gmoff@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (Moffat) writes:
>>Can anyone please advise me of suppliers of Mac Classic memory boards?
>>Phone numbers preferably (but not 0800- ones)
>You could try
>	Newbridge Microsystems
>	603 March Road
>	Kanata, ON
>	Canada  K2K 2M5
>
>	Tel. (613) 592 0714
>	Fax. (613) 592 1320
>
>	Contact: Kim Stanley
>
>Their products are generally very good, and their prices seem
>competitive. I believe they will send their products anywhere in the
>world.
>
>Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
>(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
>We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.

I purchased a Mac Stretch memory board by Computer Care, and have had no
problems with it.  It's fairly easy to install, is expandable to 4 MB using
standard 120ns SIMMs (it has 2 simm sockets, and 1 Meg soldered to the
board itself), and has expansion for stuff coming up in the future (they
will be releasing add-on cards between now and next year, to do things like
RAM disk (up to a 16mb section of RAM dedicated to a RAM disk), attaching
a large screen monitor, etc.)

Their address is:
Computer Care
Ford Centre, Suite 1180
420 N. 5th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401

Phone # is 1-800-950-CARE (or 1-800-950-2273)

The card is around $140, so it's very competitive with the other
cards on the market now).

I love the card, and the extra memory it gives me, and I have no qualms
with it.  The company has always responded swiftly to any questions, etc.
I've had with the card, and they have really nice customer support.
Donald Burr, Univ of California, Berkeley | "I have a seperate mail-address
INTERNET: c60a-cz@danube.Berkeley.edu     | for flames and other such nega-
      or: 72540.3071@compuserve.COM       | tive msgs; it's called /dev/null."