[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: Energiser Bunny! -- ** STOP ALREADY! ** READ THIS! **

dave@interlan.Interlan.COM (Dave Goldblatt) (01/03/91)

Dean Yu has stated on the net, and it has been repeated a number of times,
that he wants to verify with Eveready that they do not object to using their
trademarked symbol(s) in his software.  Until he hears from them, he is not
going to release the latest version to the net.

If you can't deal with that, you have two options:

1) Get the latest Apple Developers' CD.  An older version is on there.

2) Determine the amount of money required to defend against a trademark
    violation suit, include a reasonable amount if the suit is successful,
    and place it in an escrow account for Dean.

Otherwise, just wait.  That's what I'm doing, and that's what many
others are doing.  The more people clamor for (nay, _demand_) the
software, the more I feel that Dean shouldn't even bother.

-dg-
--
"You can twist perceptions	*	Dave Goldblatt	[dave@interlan.com]
 Reality won't budge..."	*	Diagnostic Engineering

sheppard@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ken Sheppardson) (01/03/91)

dave@interlan.interlan.com writes:

>Dean Yu has stated on the net, and it has been repeated a number of times,
>that he wants to verify with Eveready that they do not object to using their
>trademarked symbol(s) in his software.  Until he hears from them, he is not
>going to release the latest version to the net.
>
>If you can't deal with that, you have two options:
>
>1) Get the latest Apple Developers' CD.  An older version is on there.
>
>2) Determine the amount of money required to defend against a trademark
>    violation suit, include a reasonable amount if the suit is successful,
>    and place it in an escrow account for Dean.
>
>Otherwise, just wait.  That's what I'm doing, and that's what many
>others are doing.  The more people clamor for (nay, _demand_) the
>software, the more I feel that Dean shouldn't even bother.

   Someone send me the latest version of the Energizer bunny program that
   everyone is talking about..._NOW_...

   Sorry...couldn't resist :)...just kidding

   But on a more serious note...

   Whadyall [sic...I'm trying to work on my Virginia accent] think would
   happen if someone posted a 1-800 number for Energizer and refered all
   requests for the program to them directly ? Think that might speed them
   up a bit and/or work out some sort of arrangement (possibly monetary)
   with Dean ?

   Just an idea...not an opinion.

 Ken Sheppardson                                  Email: kcs@sso.larc.nasa.gov
 Space Station Freedom Advanced Programs Office   Phone: (804) 864-7544
 NASA Langley Research Center                     FAX:   (804) 864-1975