[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Looking for program that locks out bad sectors

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) (01/09/91)

I have some floppy disks that have only a few bad sectors on them, but I see
no way to use them.  If the format finds only one basd sector, it refuses to
format the disk any further.
Is there a way to make those disk useable (as storge media, of course :-)?
Thanks,	Jurjen

sam@wolfen.cc.uow.oz (Sam Tan) (01/11/91)

jurjen@cwi.nl (Jurjen NE Bos) writes:

>I have some floppy disks that have only a few bad sectors on them, but I see
>no way to use them.  If the format finds only one basd sector, it refuses to
>format the disk any further.
>Is there a way to make those disk useable (as storge media, of course :-)?
>Thanks,	Jurjen

There is an INIT from Giuseppe Carnevale called BAD. I believe it's shareware
and it does exactly what you described, but it's transparent to the user.
Just stick it in the System Folder and restart.

The address to write to is:

via Niutta 36
80128 Napoli
Italy