[comp.sys.mac.wanted] APOLOGY TO RAY JOHNSON OF GWU

stevewi@hpspdra.HP.COM (Steve Witten) (01/11/91)

To all Usenet readers:

I am posting this note in a separate basenote to apologize for my previous
flame of

	RAY JOHNSON
	of GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.

He has not stiffed me.  I received his check in the mail today for the correct
amount.

Like all of you, I don't like personal flames either but since I had shipped
my copies of Inside Mac to him and then followed with a letter that was never
answered, I was left little choice.

I apologize to Mr. Johnson for my flame and to all of you for having to put up
with it.

Steve Witten                    stevewi%hpspdra@hplabs.hp.com
Intelligent Networks Operation  ...!hplabs!hpspdra!stevewi
Hewlett-Packard Co.             stevewi@hpspdra.spd.hp.com

typ125m@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (John Wilkins) (01/14/91)

stevewi@hpspdra.HP.COM (Steve Witten) writes:

>To all Usenet readers:

>I am posting this note in a separate basenote to apologize for my previous
>flame of

>	RAY JOHNSON
>	of GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY.

>He has not stiffed me.  I received his check in the mail today for the correct
>amount.

>Like all of you, I don't like personal flames either but since I had shipped
>my copies of Inside Mac to him and then followed with a letter that was never
>answered, I was left little choice.

>I apologize to Mr. Johnson for my flame and to all of you for having to put up
>with it.

I don't know about US law, but in Australia, the preceding two posts
would be a good prima facie case for defamation!! I would be very
careful with posts like this fired off in the heat of the moment if
I were you, buddy.

--
John Wilkins, Manager, Publishing & Advertising, Monash University
Melbourne, Australia - Internet: john@publications.ccc.monash.edu.au