[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Dumb Question-Where to get sys soft

rpoldrac@s.psych.uiuc.edu (Russ Poldrack) (01/17/91)

Where can I get the latest system software (and for that matter, what
is the latest version?)  Do I have to pay for it? Is it ftp-able
from anywhere?
Russ Poldrack (rpoldrac@s.psych.uiuc.edu)

stanfiel@testeng1.misemi (Chris Stanfield) (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan16.171433.1076@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> rpoldrac@s.psych.uiuc.edu (Russ Poldrack) writes:
>Where can I get the latest system software (and for that matter, what
>is the latest version?)  Do I have to pay for it? Is it ftp-able
>from anywhere?

I don't know about ftp sites, but you can get it from your Apple
dealer, free of charge (excluding System 7, when it becomes available)
if you supply the disks. You will have to pay for System 7 if you
want/need it.  Whether or not you want the latest version depends on
the machine you are using. The latest is 6.0.7, but 6.0.5 is
recommended for older Macs.

Hope this helps.

Chris Stanfield, Mitel Corporation: E-mail to:- uunet!mitel!testeng1!stanfiel
(613) 592 2122 Ext.4960
We do not inherit the world from our parents - we borrow it from our children.