[comp.sys.mac.wanted] jive program

fval_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Trey Valenta) (02/13/91)

I've seen a program for the IBM (ick) that converts a text file to jive.
Does this exist for the Mac or does anyone have the source code?

thank
trey

--
Trey Valenta			| Six volumes of Rocky and Bullwinkle
fval_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu	| released on Feb. 8th. What more

straka@cbnewsc.att.com (richard.j.straka) (02/13/91)

In article <12172@ur-cc.UUCP> fval_ltd@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Trey Valenta) writes:
>I've seen a program for the IBM (ick) that converts a text file to jive.
>Does this exist for the Mac or does anyone have the source code?

I believe I have the lex source code (I picked them up off the net a long time
ago) for both the valspeak and jive filters on my "home" system.  I'll be
glad to send them to those who request.  No flames please on the
appropriateness of this kind of software.

They use lex and cc on a UNIX(R) system to run.  I don't know if the flex
postings of a while ago on comp.sys.binaries.mac will handle the filters or
what other tools might be needed.
--
Richard Straka                    AT&T Bell Laboratories, IH-6K311
UUCP:     att!ihlpf!straka        MSDOS: All the wonderfully arcane