[comp.sys.mac.wanted] Wanted: Mac LaserWriter for $500 cash, and modem

john@newave.UUCP (John A. Weeks III) (02/14/91)

In article <jmorris.666167536@fireant.ma.utexas.edu> jmorris@math.utexas.edu (John Morris) writes:
> My friend is wanting a LaserWriter and is willing to pay $500 cash.  I don't
> know if this is reasonable, but if anyone knows anything.

No, this is not reasonable.  You can, however, find used LaserJets for
this price.  You would have to get a printer driver to use one, and
they do not have PostScript.  A used PostScript printer is generally
at least $1000.

> He also wants a modem, probably 2400 baud.

Check any mailorder add.  Look for Hayes compatibility.  Should easily
find one for under $100.

-john-

John A. Weeks III               (612) 942-6969               john@newave.mn.org
NeWave Communications                 ...uunet!rosevax!tcnet!wd0gol!newave!john